To see / To do
The region Orne is like a splendid garden, a land of wooded countryside and forests. It is a green, calm and revitalising destination where the unspoilt and preserved nature reigns.
Discover this authentic and timeless part of Normandy and visit it by foot, by horse or by bike. Along your hikes and outings, you'll find manors and hills, stud farms and apple trees, castles and picturesque villages.
- Sées, the bishop's palace and its treasures of religious architecture: Notre Dame Cathedral, the Palais d'Argentré, the Basilique de l'Immaculée Conception, the Saint-Martin Abbey and the Chapelle de l'Hôtel-Dieu.
- Alençon, the City of the Dukes of Normandy offers a wealthy architectural heritage with the famous lacework "Point d'Alençon".
- The castle of Carrouges, a splendid construction built between the 14th and 16th centuries, nestled at the heart of a 10 ha green park.
- The Haras du Pin, the oldest and most prestigious stud farm of the 19 National Stud Farms of France, nicknamed the "Versailles of the horse".
- The Regional Nature Parks Perche and Normandie-Maine, true hiking areas with exceptional landscapes.
- The Circuit International d'Essay, with Ouest Karting, one of the most beautiful karting centres of France, with an international track of 1220mx8m.